Welcome to RCCars.com! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Create a new account or Log in:     Remember Me    I forgot my password!

Go Back   RCCars.com > Club Forums > Individual Racing Clubs > QRCRG

Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #1

Default Qrcrg club meeting

TO ALL QRCRG MEMBERS AND PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS:

WHAT : QRCRG URGENT MEETING
WHERE : BENNEGAN’S, Doha, Qatar
WHEN : Tuesday, 22nd January 2013, 6:30pm
AGENDA :

1. Call to order by VP Victor Castro
2. Introduction of New Members
3. Treasurer's Report
4. Discussion on the forthcoming election of new officers, new officers' length of tenure, etc.
5. Discussion on the current Race rules, conduct of races, etc.
6. Discusision on the club's future plans
7. Other matters/Open forum

NOTE : Your prompt attendance is highly requested. Membership forms will be distributed at the meeting venue. Please bring copies of your QID, Passport and ID pic (1 pc)
JamminRevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #2

I was not able to attend the meeting,,, kindly post the minutes of the meeting,,,
RaymondC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:44 AM   #3

Default Minutes of Meeting on 22 January 2013

See attached Minutes of Meeting held last 22 Jan. 2013 at Bennigans.
Attached Files
Old 01-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #4

Guys..In order for us to enjoy the luxury of using the QSC Race Track, Please fill up the membership form just given yesterday and must be submitted this coming Friday.

It is not yet clear if we will pay the membership fee to QSC, (most probably), the track caretaker last night just requested to fill the forms and return back to him. Hopefully it's FREE...
Lhancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Guys..In order for us to enjoy the luxury of using the QSC Race Track, Please fill up the membership form just given yesterday and must be submitted this coming Friday.

It is not yet clear if we will pay the membership fee to QSC, (most probably), the track caretaker last night just requested to fill the forms and return back to him. Hopefully it's FREE...
Can we have a copy of the QSC membership forms...
engr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by engr20 View Post
Can we have a copy of the QSC membership forms...
Go to QSC race track on Friday, 1 Feb. in the afternoon to get your copy.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to Adrian - revo&rc8
Default 01.02.2013 Race

Friday 01 February 2013 at 2:00 pm at QSC Race Track! Buggy race 1/8th scale GP. There will be 3 groups during Qualifying rounds of 7 mins each. Best 2 hits to determine the positioning, top 5 racers will be in A-mains, 5 racers will battle in B-mains, and C-mains for the remaining racers on the lower position (or proportionate to number or racers)

Note:
C-mains 30 mins - top 2 qualifiers will bump to B-mains
B-mains 40 mins - top 3 qualifiers will bump to A-mains
A-mains 60 mins
Adrian - revo&rc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #8

Sorry but why again a new format of race different than usual and different that IFMAR ?

I guess the result of our meeting was just to apply IFMAR rules model, why not just to do it ?

2 group of qualifing,

Semi final A with 1,3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 etc ->30 min
Semi final B with 2,4,6,8, 10, 12 etc -> 30min

A main with the best drivers 4 of semi final A en 4 best driver of semi final B + the best 5th of the two semi finals for a total of 9 racers in final. -> 45min to 60 min.

Total everybody ride more.
Zirco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirco View Post
Sorry but why again a new format of race different than usual and different that IFMAR ?

I guess the result of our meeting was just to apply IFMAR rules model, why not just to do it ?

2 group of qualifing,

Semi final A with 1,3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 etc ->30 min
Semi final B with 2,4,6,8, 10, 12 etc -> 30min

A main with the best drivers 4 of semi final A en 4 best driver of semi final B + the best 5th of the two semi finals for a total of 9 racers in final. -> 45min to 60 min.

Total everybody ride more.

Seems we're going nowhere if I have to answer your comments. But please read this updated IFMAR rules for your guidance. http://www.ifmar.org/pdf/rules/ifmar...froad_2012.pdf

Please understand our group has experienced drivers and newbies, we can do IFMAR Qualifying format that is not a problem, but doing the IFMAR finals format is not practical - this will just make the gap bigger between newbies and experienced drivers. IFMAR rule was made considering top drivers around the world - and we are not! As I understand in our previous meeting we will follow IFMAR rules but not on the very specifics of the race format

Last edited by Adrian - revo&rc8; 01-30-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #10

You are right Adrian, I forgot that only your comments are interesting and are going somewhere, and only your voice is the right one... sorry ha !
Zirco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirco View Post
You are right Adrian, I forgot that only your comments are interesting and are going somewhere, and only your voice is the right one... sorry ha !
Thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #12

If we will follow the IFMAR then we will, these are some important excerpts:

3.1 RACING FORMAT
3.1.a Qualification heats shall contain a maximum of 12 drivers and shall be of ten (10) minutes duration.
Any extension of this maximum can only be decided by the International Jury upon request of the
Race Director and the IFMAR Referee.

3.3 QUALIFYING SYSTEM
3.3.a In each round, drivers will score points based on the laps and times achieved. The maximum
number of points awarded to the best driver will be equal to the total number of participants at the
event plus 5 (five).

3.4 FINALS
3.4.a. ‘A’ series of sub-finals will be composed of odd placed drivers following qualification, ‘B’ series subfinals will be composed of even placed drivers after qualification.
3.4.c. All sub-finals are twenty (20) minutes duration, up to 1/8 finals, from 1/8th to semi finals all will be of
thirty (30) minutes duration, with the top three/four (3/4) from each sub-final, up to the quarter (1/4)
finals, progressing to the next sub-final, and the first four/five (4/5) from each semi (1/2) final
progressing to the Main Final, along with the next two (2) fastest drivers from either of the two (2)
semi-finals. (see also 3.2.f to 3.2.j)

We cannot totally apply IFMAR RUles so in our case I suggest we will do the following:
Qualifying - 7min or 10min (we will decide)
Semi-finals - 20min or 30min (we will decide)
Finals - 45min or 60min (we will decide)

Depending on the number of participants, for the qualifying, we will decide if to make groups i.e. A, B, C. Maximum of 7 racers in a group (in QSC); 9 racers max (in Aspire). This will be done so as not to over-crowd the race track and not to over-load the marshals. For the semis we will follow like as suggested by the IFMAR rules above.

In the finals we will have max of 7 to 9 racers equally taken from the groups of semis plus 1 racer- the next best from all semis groups. We can discuss these rules further.

Last edited by CRahoD; 01-31-2013 at 08:31 AM.
CRahoD is offline   Reply With Quote