Welcome to RCCars.com! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Create a new account or Log in:     Remember Me    I forgot my password!

Go Back   RCCars.com > General R/C Car Discussion > Beginners

Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #1

Default Starting out Electric Buggie

Hey Guys, I know many many people have posted this question before but ive had a look and cant find anything that fits my criteria. I might be too picky however let me hit you with what I would like and see if it exists

Im from the UK so would prefer it if it was a UK based site. Ive also got a remote from my RC plane so I dont need to buy a remote with it, (hopefully this will allow me to spend more on the car)

I am getting it as a gift from my girlfriend as I am a big kid at heart so dont want to go mental so trying to stay under £100. Like I say, I just want a starter car

-If possible im looking for it to be the buggie only (no remote) around 1/8 or 1/10
-Would prefer 4WD but if its not in the price range its okay for 2WD
-If possible would be good to be a kit that I can build as long as its screwdriver, glue, allan keys et, no soldering

Anyone got any ideas?
chrisrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
youtube.com/TheRcSaylors

Default Reply to your question

First of all, I'm sorry that I didn't sign up to this forum sooner! It has been 30+ days since you posted this with no reply, so this may be too late but I'd personally recommend a vehicle from nitrorcx. The reason for this is because for the price you are asking, you are kindof limited but can still get a hobby grade vehicle from them RTR and still have good fun with it. As long as you are smart about it, their vehicles are durable enough for an intro level RC. If you don't believe me, check out one of my videos on my channel and see for yourself what these little vehicles can do. In this video, it is a short course truck, but they make a buggy style within the same company and price range. I hope this helps!

--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1muhzEXsPgg <--
RcSaylors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #3

I have EB16-B Electric RC Buggy. It has all the features of a professional model such as adjustable suspension, oil shocks, aluminum chassis, high precision receiver, power and many more. If you want a model that can race on tracks but also fun to play at home, then this is a good choice for you.
judithangels is offline   Reply With Quote