Welcome to RCCars.com! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Create a new account or Log in:     Remember Me    I forgot my password!

Go Back   RCCars.com > Racing - Other Classes > Rock Crawlers & Monsters

Old 04-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
Shin Killer

Default Redcat racing Ground Pounder

I bought my son a ground pounder about 2 months ago. The stock motor worked rather well at first, then got to the point it could barley get out of its own way. Did some research and to what i can find about it its got a 27 turn motor. So...i threw in a new HPI Saturn 27 turn. Same issue . gutless. Had an old Duratrax 18x2 monster truck motor. Same result. Little to no power. Im using stock gearing. nothing modded, this whole truck is stock. Any ideas on how to bring this truck to life. Considering maybe a traxxas speed controller and a 12 turn titan. I know the trans will need a brace to keep the spur and pinion together. I dont want tons of speed . mostly torque. It's disappointing that this truck is just sitting on the shelf.
androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #2

Have you checked the esc or the battery? If multiple motors are all slow, sounds like there may be a different issue than the actual motor!
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
Shin Killer

Changed out the esc. that did the trick. Thanks!!!!
androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #4

New here this is my first post so please bear with me. I don't have the Redcat Ground Pounder but this is the only RedCat thread I saw. I just bought the new Rock Slide RS10. Its a 1/10 scale not the monster 1/8. This is my first RC car. I've been running it through the house and over everything in my path. I was wondering if these cars with the brushed motors can be run with lipo's without changing the esc or other parts.

Tom
Carr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:23 PM   #5

I run my lipos in cars without low voltage protection with a cheap battery alarm plugged into the balance port. That way you can't go too far. If the alarm goes off, you already went a bit too far, but not too much. The performance increase I saw on a cheap Exceed truck was amazing with the cheapest 2S lipo I found on ebay.
shahram72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I run my lipos in cars without low voltage protection with a cheap battery alarm plugged into the balance port. That way you can't go too far. If the alarm goes off, you already went a bit too far, but not too much. The performance increase I saw on a cheap Exceed truck was amazing with the cheapest 2S lipo I found on ebay.
Thanks. I had some fun with it in the snow this winter. Made some snow chains out of jack chain. Worked pretty good. You have to make em pretty tight.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	228.1 KB

Carr52 is offline   Reply With Quote