Welcome to RCCars.com! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Create a new account or Log in:     Remember Me    I forgot my password!

Go Back   RCCars.com > R/C Industry Forums > Castle Creations

This thread is privately moderated by Joe Ford, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:05 AM   #1
RCCars.com Contributor

Default You're asked for it!!! How to power your Summit with the MMM using the STOCK radio!!!

Yes, the STOCK radio. You don't HAVE to figure out how you're going to get everything re-wired on your new expensive radio/receiver. All you really need to do most of the time is swap the receiver tray position with the stock ESC position. In SOME cases you may have to add a ferrite bead (a metallic bead you can buy cheap at Radio Shack or give me a holler) and put it around the signal lead going from the ESC to the receiver. This will eliminate any remaining noise. Pics of my setup are WITHOUT a bead. Runs all the way down the street, no problems with glitching, etc.

EDIT: And should you ever have to put a bead on I've also included pics on how to install it. You lift the tab on the servo connector and pull the signal lead out (on our ESC's the orange wire)...gently pull the wire out, loop it through the bead a few times (you will have to pull some of the signal lead away from the positive lead, but it's ok). After you've got a few loops put the pin back in the servo connector. Take up the excess +/- lead as in pics. Put the bead as close to the receiver plug as possible. Good to go after that.
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1940 (Medium)_v.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	74.7 KB · Views: 505

Name:	IMG_1939 (Medium)_v.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	95.5 KB · Views: 525

Name:	IMG_1937 (Medium)_v.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	87.7 KB · Views: 473

Attached Images

Last edited by Joe Ford; 06-03-2009 at 03:17 AM.
Joe Ford is offline   Reply With Quote